Archive for the 'Democratic Underground' Category
1. Own the media (done)
2. Own the voting machines (done)
3. Purposely bias polls, and use the media to convince people that the vote is legitimate. (done)
4. When things are really looking bad resort to “Plan B”.
Bad is defined as:
- The general populace has really had enough of your bullshit
- Democrats have finally caught on that you actually have rigged the voting machines
1. Announce far ahead of time that the voting machines are rigged, and if you lose, it is because the democrats have rigged the vote. Say this a lot (with the help of the media), so it appears that the democrats are in control of the voting machines. (in process)
2. Just before the elections, heighten the terror alert, or drag out some scapegoat of a plot to put in the news.
3. Rig the election as usual, and the media pundits will rationalize for you how security concerns changed voter choices in the final days (the best part is the pundits will be unwitting participants, they don’t even need to know the real truth)
4. The democrats will not be able to claim the vote was rigged, because it now appears that if anyone could rig the vote, it was the democrats (see step 1 of Plan B)
How do we “defuse” Plan B? The democrats need to start speaking up now, and loudly about who owns the voting machine companies, and the linkages to the GOP.
Posted on Democratic Underground by Pobeka
watch online, download, or purchase a DVD:
When more than half of Americans are not confident votes are counted accurately — that’s an intolerable condition for a democracy.
This short film finds that much of the uncertainty and persistent controversy surrounding past elections is rooted in the sheer number of lost votes, flipped votes, and plain old breakdowns occurring on the growing number of costly electronic voting machines used throughout America.
Under the guise of mandating accessibility for disabled voters, the 2002 Help America Vote Act (HAVA) is forcing a wholesale shift in how our votes are cast and counted — just in time for the 2006 elections.
You’ll see governors on both sides of the aisle condemning touchscreen DREs in favor of paper ballots, optically scanned or hand counted, as the only way to allow for meaningful audits and recounts.
This film highlights a deep history of success in past voting rights movements, and lays out next steps for restoring basic accountability and integrity to American elections.
Video added by Organik
The event takes place at the Schomburg Center (Langston Hughes Auditorium) 515 Malcolm X Blvd. @ W.135th Street
John McWhorter, Winning the Race: Beyond the Crisis in Black America
Paul Robeson, Jr., A Black Way of Seeing: From ‘Liberty’ to Freedom
Steve Freeman and Joel Bleifuss, Was the 2004 Presidential Election Stolen?: Exit Polls, Election Fraud, and the Official Count
Greg Palast, Armed Madhouse: Who’s Afraid of Osama Wolf?, China Floats, Bush Sinks, the Scheme to Steal ’08, No Child’s Behind Left, and Other Dispatches from the Front Lines of the Class War
Peniel Joseph, Waiting ‘Til the Midnight Hour: A Narrative History of Black Power in America; and moderator Dan Simon, Seven Stories Press.
QuickTime Video 1 hour, 7 minutes
mp3 audio of post discussion calls, 14 minutes 30 seconds.
Posted on Democratic Underground by IndyOp
Video and Audio added by Organik on 7-23-06