HOW THEY STOLE THE 2006 MID-TERMS
(Catch Greg Palast on Election Night on the new Mike Malloy Show on www.kphx.com )
Hereâ€™s how the 2006 mid-term election was stolen.
Note the past tense. And Iâ€™m not kidding.
- Theft #1: Registrations gone with the wind…
- Theft #2: Turned Away – the ID game…
- Theft #3: Votes Spoiled Rotten…
So Letâ€™s Add it Up
Two million legitimate voters will be turned away because of wrongly rejected or purged registrations.
Add another one million voters challenged and turned away for â€œimproper ID.â€
Then add yet another million for Democratic votes â€œspoiledâ€ by busted black boxes and by bad ballots.
And letâ€™s not forget to include the one million â€œprovisionalâ€ ballots which will never get counted. Based on the experience of 2004, we know that, overwhelmingly, minority voters are the ones shunted to these baloney ballots.
And thereâ€™s one more group of votes that wonâ€™t be counted: absentee ballots challenged and discarded. Elections Assistance Agency data tell us a half million of these absentee votes will go down the drain.
Driving this massive suppression of the vote are sophisticated challenge operations. And here I must note that the Democrats have no national challenge campaign. Thatâ€™s morally laudable; electorally suicidal.
Add it all up â€” all those Democratic-leaning votes rejected, barred and spoiled â€” and the Republican Party begins Election Day with a 4.5 million-vote thumb on the vote-tally scale.
READ the rest at Greg Palast
If ep365 is NOT in your area,
- GO TO YOUR POLLING PLACE TO MAKE SURE IT OPENS ON TIME! Call 866-OUR-VOTE if it doesn’t!
- GO TO YOUR POLLING PLACE TO MAKE SURE THE LAST VOTER IN LINE WHEN THE POLLS CLOSE GETS TO CAST A BALLOT!
- If your state requires ID to vote, check the state BoE website or your Dem state party for valid ID requirements and look for the VOTER BILL OF RIGHTS! Print some up and take them with you to share with voters!
- FILM OR TAKE STILL PICS OF ANY PROBLEMS and PHONE THEM IN 866-OUR-VOTE!
- OVERWHELM THE SYSTEM WITH DEM VOTES!
Each and every one of us should be at a polling place on Tuesday.
(FYI, be completely NON-PARTISAN while representing ep365 and talking to voters. Leave your opinions at the car door, take off those buttons, pins and lapel stickers and HELP VOTERS get to cast a legal REGULAR ballot!)
Posted by BillORightsMan on Democratic Underground