From Saturday’s Washington Post , on the “November Surprise” we’ve been trying to shout about for months now.
The lede: “Thousands of voters across the country must reestablish their eligibility in the next three weeks in order for their votes to count on Nov. 4, a result of new state registration systems that are incorrectly rejecting them.”…
In Alabama, scores of voters are being labeled as convicted felons on the basis of incorrect lists. Michigan must restore thousands of names it illegally removed from voter rolls over residency questions, a judge ruled this week.
Check your registration now!  And see below for more recent reports like the above, all of which have been almost completely ignored by both the corporate broadcast media (even as they’ve been reporting wall-to-wall on the GOP’s ACORN “voter fraud” hoax ) and both of the major political parties…
- U.S. PIRG, 9/24/08: “Vanishing Voters: Registered Voters Dropped From Rolls in Nineteen States” 
- CBS News, 9/30/08: “Red Flag on Purging Voter Rolls” 
- Brennan Center for Justice, 9/30/08: “Voter Purges:13 million voters in 39 states” 
- New York Times, 10/8/08: “States’ Actions to Block Voters Appear Illegal” 
- BBC Newsnight, 10/8/08: “Vote rigging and suppression?” 
- AlterNet, 10/14/08: “California GOP had Same Voter Registration Problems as ACORN in 2006” 
- Rolling Stone, 10/17/08: “Block the Vote: the GOP’s campaign to deter new voters and discard Democratic ballots” 
- Los Angeles Times, 10/18/08: “Voters say they were duped into registering as Republicans”